Thoughts on Gunpla: June 2011
Posted by Tom on June 22, 2011
Time for another Thoughts on Gunpla. I didn’t do any for last month, since there was the Shizouka Hobby show. You can go back to my older post if you’re curious. I was gonna wait till later to do this, but I have a feeling that there won’t be a lot of new announcements. Anyways, these 0083 with Phantom Bullet images from Denkegi Hobby have been cropping up lately, which I’m going to assume that a GP01 2.0 might be announced soon. I hope so, so that I can get my GP03S 2.0 that I’ve been waiting for quite a while now.
First off, there wasn’t a lot of new news of late. This should explain why.
I know it’s old news, but I still would like to share my thoughts on it.
- MG V2 is pretty much confirmed.
- If Bandai is going to focus on 0083 and Unicorn, are we gonna get new versions of old kits?
- With the way the global economy is, I’m not surprise about the slowing down on MG releases.
- No love for Gundam X? :(
- What’s Bandai planning that’s gonna make a PG Unicorn so expensive? Light up Psycoframe? Die-cast parts? I already know it’s going to be a big kit and all.
- MG Hyaku Shiki 2.0 somewhat confirmed? I’m more interested in Delta Gundam though. ^^;
- MG Kshatriya not being release makes a lot of sense. I’ve seen a 1/100 resin Kshatriya build before, and I could tell that stability was a major issue.
I’m pretty disappointed that I’m going to wait much longer for a MG Gundam X, but as the Wing MGs are going to wrap up, maybe I can look forward to a Gundam X. So moving on.
Master Grade 00 Gundam Seven Sword/G was announced today. While I wasn’t surprise that this was coming out, but it was announced a lot sooner then I thought. I was expecting at least 3 or 4 months later. XD I’m so skipping the 00 Raiser for this. The only thing is that there’s no GN Sword III… :( September release for 5500 yen.
SD 00 Gundam Seven Sword/G is going to be release in the same month as the MG version. Priced at 800 yen.
HG GM III Box art. The kit itself doesn’t look too bad.
I don’t feel like about the Tokyo Toy Show that just passed. It was all old announcements from Shizouka Hobby show and the stuff from Gundam AGE. You can go here for info and thoughts on the Gundam AGE stuff. Now big news.
It appears like a new Gundam anime project has been announced, Gundam: The Origin. From what I gather, it’s a manga-to-anime retelling of the original Mobile Suit Gundam just with the more unimportant stuff cut and more character back story. I’m actually going to be looking forward to this, since I have watched MSG in it’s full 1970s glory. XD Along with added contents, some of the mobile suits have been redesigned a little too. I’m pretty sure that come Friday, we’ll have more information, including air time, if it’s a movie trilogy or an OVA or a whole series, and if we’ll be getting model kits. So awesome, now I have three Gundam series to watch! :D
As more info is release, I’ll do a follow up post. But man, this is a great time to be a true Gundam fan. All info from Gundam Guy.